About Shivali Keshav Agrawal
Shivali has been painting since her childhood days, inheriting the love of art from her artist father. Though a software engineer by profession, she's always been fascinated with paints and brushes. She didn’t know much about decorative painting until she once met a decorative artist in Japan in a crafts store in the year 2001.Let's paint our dreamz!
I love to receive your messages, so please don't forget to sign my Guestbook
or email me.
- Lessons are designed and customized according to the age and interest of the child. Students learn at their convenient pace, either once or twice a week.
- There are 3 types of courses available for kids:
- Classes are conducted six days a week, excluding Sunday
- Morning (10:00 am -12:00 am).
- Afternoon (3:30 am - 5:30 pm)
- Evening (5:00 – 7:00pm), (6:00 pm - 8:00 pm), (6:30 pm - 8:30 pm), (7:30 pm - 9:30 pm)
- Locations and Fee
- At Folk Art Cottage, 11 Toh Tuck road, High Oak #02-27
- $140/4 sessions, 2 hrs. each (all materials provided)
- At Creative Hands, ngee ann city, Takashimaya, Tower B #04-20C, #04-20B.
- $170/4 sessions, 2 hrs. each (all materials provided)
- At Bukit Timah Community Centre, 20 TOH YI DRIVE, Singapore 596569(coming soon)
- Out-of-studio classes can be arranged with a minimum of 4 students, at your premises and your convenient days and time.
$170/4 sessions, 2 hrs. each (All materials are provided)
- Certificates are awarded at the completion of Basic/Intermediate levels.
Click here to see examples of the projects painted during the course…
- Fine art course (Project pictures coming soon)
- Basic geometrical shapes and drawings using these shapes.
- Drawing and coloring birds, animals. sea creatures, fruits & vegetables, flowers.
- Composition (Drawing and coloring) - e.g platter of fruits, vegetable basket, zoo scene.
- Still life (Drawing and coloring) - sketching still life objects by looking at the object.
- Simple shading- to develop the sense of light and shadow.
- Human faces and figures (Drawing and coloring) using geometric shapes.
- Compositions (Drawing and coloring)- e.g market place, playground.
- Landscape sketching and coloring.
- Introduction to calligraphy.
- Cartoon drawing (Project pictures coming soon)
As the name of the course suggests kids learn to draw/color cartoons of different shapes and sizes, which includes human faces and figures and some of the animal and Disney cartoons also. Every child has a natural affinity for learning animation, not only as a technique but as a means of self-expression as well. In this course we have tried to simplify the technique using simple sketches and guidelines to instruct the child. Though a great deal of emphasis has been placed on the animation of people, we have also incorporated lessons on animals, birds and even inanimate objects which spring to life, as well as animated alphabets and numbers. Later on child learns the simple compositions too.
- Decorative painting
Learn brushstrokes using acrylic paints on paper, canvas, wood, metal, fabric and ceramic. Paint beautiful flowers, teddy bears, animals and birds and many designs on decorative as well functional objects, one can actually use as the paints are permanent and can bear everyday handling. Crafting is an enjoyable and therapeutic activity for both children and adults. Working on a simple project can help children build their patience and confidence as they learn to appreciate the simple pleasures of life. Not only is this activity a great way of helping children learn the concepts of colors, texture, measurement and coordination, it also gives them a sense of achievement from making something with their hands.
At Folk Art Cottage we encourage children (as well as adults) of all ages to think out-of-the-box and come up with their own original creations for which they have a sense of pride and can say 'Look what I did, Mommy'. 'So much to learn with so much fun' is our motto. Let your little doodlers gleefully create their own masterpieces by learning to paint on a variety of surfaces including paper, canvas, wood, fabric, ceramic and metal which are sure to produce 'giggles as well as unique squiggles', as we always say about our "little Picassos ™".
Paint a wooden Welcome plaque for your 'Home sweet Home'
Venue: Bukit Timah & Khatib
Date: 21 Nov (Tue), 24 Nov (Fri)
Time: 10 - 12pm
Fee: $10/workshop (Including materials & refreshments)
Last date for registration: 18 Nov
Ongoing classes (Fine art, Cartoon drawing, Decorative painting, Landscape painting)
Venue: Bukit Timah
Kids: $133 for 4 sessions, 2 hrs. each (Including materials)
Adults: $100 for 4 sessions, 2 hrs. each (including paints)
Venue: Takashimaya, Orchard road
Kids: $153 for 4 sessions, 2 hrs. each (Including materials)
Adults: $120 for 4 sessions, 2 hrs. each (including paints)
Venue: Bukit Timah Community Centre
$75 for 6 sessions, 2 hrs. each
Holiday Camp: ARTOMANIA
Kids get to learn something new & unique each day with the themes like 'Back to Nature', "Healthy living", "Unity in Diversity: S'pore" and many more. The theme for 19 Dec '06 camp is 'Christmas', an exciting opportunity for kids to create unique gifts and to treasure these festive memories forever.
Venue: Bukit Timah & Khatib
Date: 28 Nov, 5, 12 & 19 Dec
Time: 10am - 5pm
Fee (Including materials, Lunch and refreshments)
$88 (1 day camp), $82/day (2 days camp), $78/day (3 days camp), $72/day (4 days camp).
Join with a friend and enjoy additional 5% discount
Last date for registration: 2 days before each camp
All participants receive the gifts worth $27 Also win 4 prizes worth $20 each.
Telephone: 64675817, 90096274, Website: www.FolkArtCottage.com
11, Toh Tuck Road, # 02-27, High Oak Condominium, Singapore 596290 Email: email@example.com
Tel: 65-6467-5817 Hp: 65-9009-6274